Pages

27 October 2013

October Harvest

We continue to have a few Tomatoes, Aubergines and courgettes. The potatoes and turnips are not lifted yet, Parsnips will stay in the ground, Sweetcorn is all eaten or in the freezer. Sweet potatoes need to be lifted, Carrots are in the shed.......
Sweet peppers. We had a good crop this year and they have nearly all ripened. I think it has helped that I chopped off all the flowers and small green peppers at the end of August so the plants put all their energy into ripening the bigger fruits they were carrying. Variety? not sure, I have been saving seed from my best plants for a good few years.

Tivon had fun one day picking out the seeds from this Sunflower head.
I like the pattern he inadvertently created.

Some of the Pumpkins and Squash ripening in the big tunnel. The squash all came from one plant!