Pages

27 September 2013

Garden Harvest

A few times this September I have grabbed the camera for the moments between the garden and the pot.

I picked Hazelnuts, then Angus picked Hazelnuts, then Zoe went out to see what we missed and this is her cache! Here Filberts and Cobnuts are mixed with native hazelnuts.

 Brandywines and Fat Toms.

Tomatoes, aubergine, peppers and basil.

Zoe picked this twin sweetcorn. She said it was the best sweetcorn she had ever tasted! Now how do I grow more twins next year?

We have been having lots of sweetcorn meals and every time I put a few in the freezer too.
Tivon Loves sweetcorn and he has helped me to plant it for the last number of years.
However he now has competition from Alfie as No 1 sweetcorn lover!

Elderberries for Elderberry syrup. If we waited for all the elderberries on each stalk to be ripe the birds would have them first. As so many grow out of reach their are plenty left for the birds.